A motivational and expressive writing program
for individuals of all ages
Celebrating Our 25th Year!
|News and Events||Courses and Workshops|
|Writing Vacations with Write It Out||Write It Out Books (New items!)|
|Private Practice||Motivational Speaking|
|About the Founder||Contact us!|
SPUR, the Write It Out newsletter
Join Us on Facebook
About the Write It Out® Program
What is the Write It Out program?
Write It Out is a motivational and expressive writing program for individuals of all ages that fosters inner happiness and stimulates creativity and imagination. Created in 1992 and focused on process rather than final product, the program guides individuals in private consultations and workshops to release feelings, memories and experiences through writing. The Write It Out program teaches individuals how to connect with self and one's own unique story for the purposes of self-understanding. Proven benefits include self-confidence, self-esteem and self-actualization.
The unique Write It Out program uses its time-tested formula in private sessions and workshops that include warm-up exercises to motivate and stimulate memory, writing activities to free creativity, positive feedback to provide personal validation, and writing projects of memoirs, fiction, poetry, essays and plays to encourage wellness through the process of expressing ones personal story. Write It Out has aided thousands of individuals to better understand themselves, relationships and life altering events.
Ronni Miller, founder of the Write It Out program, has used expressive writing throughout her life as a means of centering and wellness. Her new book, Cocoon To Butterfly reveals her personal story and those of others who have used expressive writing techniques for personal growth and wellness. Miller consults on curriculum development and develops individually designed syllabi to stimulate creativity and imagination for educational institutions, health and wellness centers, and corporations to best meets the needs of their populations. She also instructs teachers, directors and executives how to use the Write It Out program with students and employees.
Why is Write It Out a powerful program for self-actualization, personal growth and wellness?
The techniques used in the Write It Out program encourage individuals to let go and reveal buried trauma through guided written exercises as well as relieve anxiety, tension, anger, fear, loss and sorrow. The program stimulates creativity and freedom of thought, feelings and experiences that results in personal growth, self-actualization, and inner happiness. Methods used in the Write It Out program are based on medical and psychological research that supports expressive writing as an excellent tool for wellness.
Who benefits from the Write It Out program?
Individuals of all ages who want to unburden and reduce the effects of emotional and physical symptoms and enjoy the benefits of creativity, imagination and wellness. The program is especially helpful for those who suffer from loss, grief, change, anxiety, disappointment, frustration, aloneness, anger and illness.
Professionals of all disciplines - including education, psychotherapy, medicine, law, science, advertising and the arts - have all benefitted from personal and professional development using the Write It Out Program. Our clients have included business executives and administrators, office workers, patients and caregivers, parents and children, retirees, divorcees, and veterans.
As a result of studying in the WIO program individuals of all ages:
- Express their feelings, memories and experiences better in writing
- Experience self-discovery by revealing their inner selves
- Develop self-confidence
- Develop self-esteem
- Develop awareness of self and others
- Develop organizational skills
- Experience the accomplishment of personal growth.
How can I learn how to use the Write It Out program?
- Make an appointment for in-person private consultation with Ronni Miller, Director of Write It Out.
- Attend Write It Out workshops
- Arrange long distance learning. You are only a click away from private instruction.
- Learn at home with Write It Out books Dance with the Elephants, and Cocoon To Butterfly, the Write It Out textbooks.Write It Out also offers Vacation Retreats in the United States, Italy and elsewhere. They have been called "an experience of a lifetime" to have the time and freedom to write while immersed in another culture and location.
What people are saying about Write It Out.
- "I really enjoyed being part of your course. It has helped me immensely in dealing with things in a constructive way, and it is something I can apply to my academic writing as well. I want you to know that your classes have opened up a whole new world to me and for that I will always be grateful."
-- Ivis, a Ph.D. Candidate.
- "Ronni, in your class, we bypass all the hindrances of being inhibited by "the rules" of proper grammar and punctuation and just write what comes to mind. You tell us to write without thinking about where the story is going and how it will end. This frees our mind to let it go and not worry about what we say. We let the story write itself. Works every time. Not one person in your classes has ever had a blank sheet of paper in front of them after only 5-7 minutes for the exercise."
--Karen, a cancer survivor.
- "Ronni, you as my teacher and my muse have been the inspiration to write my poetry. Because of your encouragement I feel more confident to write with confidence because of your teaching and exercises."
-- Judy, a cancer survivor.
- "Expressive writing has helped me to look into my feelings and fears, some of them very deep in me. In our group we enjoy and share what has come to our mind and pen. Sometimes we laugh, and at other times we try to find what is behind the words. There if no mockery. No criticism. We only receive your subtle guidance and the positive commentaries of classmates."-- Marisa, a translator and media newscaster.
- "Here's what I experience being in Ronni's classes: Encouragement to dare, education in the discipline of writing well, exploration in safety of personal material/memories, experimentation in courage, excitement when listening to others, expertise by practicing spontaneous writing, excellence in the teacher, effective feedback from other students, empathy for the writing struggles of all, and energy to move forward."
-- Judy, a corporate lecturer.
About Ronni Miller, Founder of Write It Out®
Ronni Miller is an author, freelance writer, playwright, newspaper editor and educator. She believes in the healing powers of creativity expressed through writing for wellness, and encouragement as the first step toward success. The Write It Out Program represents a synthesis of her four decades of professional and artistic experience, and is modeled on the techniques of the fiction writer who writes to discover the inner-self, and outer relationships. Trained in writing, theater, dance, painting and a student of Jungian theory, she holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Boston University, did graduate work at the Bread Loaf School of English, Middlebury College, and has studied fiction with Arturo Vivante, Francine Prose and James Magnuson. She has published numerous articles, short stories, poems, and books including Where To Go With Your Lover, Dance With The Elephants, Cocoon to Butterfly, and Domestic Shorts among other titles. Her plays have been produced by schools and theaters.
Miller and her Write It Out® Program have a strong presence in local promotion of education, expressive arts, and wellness in the greater Sarasota, Florida area. She is a member of the Arts Education Task Force of Sarasota County, an established group of educators, theaters, performance organizations and individual artists who advocate for arts in education. Miller is also a member of the newly formed Coalition for Arts And Health, a network of artists, healthcare providers, educational institutions, businesses and government that promotes creativity and the arts in the Sarasota area for the pursuit of wellness and healing in all stages of life. In addition, she is active in the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County, a member-driven organization to develop and support the arts and cultural awareness in the community. Miller is also the National Fourth Vice President of the National League of American Pen Women with headquarters in Washington, DC. She divides her time between Sarasota FL, Woodstock NY and Italy.
Contact us for more information!
- Are you on our mailing list? Do we have your current email and/or postal address? Receive updates on new workshops and classes. (Our mailing list is kept private and confidential; we don't release your information to anyone else.)
- Sign up for our free newsletter, Spur (sent by mail or email). Click here for the SPUR archive.
|News and Events||Courses and Workshops||Writing Vacations with Write It Out||Write It Out Books|